I’m so happy that the weather let up this afternoon, just in time for me to finish the last two chairs of the patio set. I’m ready to share the full patio set reveal!
I’m in the process of updating the backyard, which you can read all about here.
Here’s how it looks now:
Some final notes that I need to share:
- The cost of the paint and primer was around $60.00 CAD.
- I needed one can of primer and one can of paint for every two chairs. The table took nearly one of each.
- Satin is much easier to apply than gloss. If you do make mistakes, they won’t show as obviously.
- I chose to do a neutral so I could accent the chairs and tables with brighter colours.
- Most patio sets sold in stores have coordinating chairs and tables. I chose to do the same colour on both tables and chairs to bring some sameness to the otherwise mismatched set. You could also do coordinating colours or shades for a different effect.
- Some of the chairs needed more paint and primer than others. It might have been due to wear.
- It took me a weekend plus a few hours to finish, though I could have been done sooner if I hadn’t changed my mind on the colour.
- I still have two chairs left. I’m planning on using them for another project instead.
Here are the products used:
- I used Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch 2x Ultra Cover in Satin Granite.
- The outdoor cushions are the Bernadette Trellis Square Outdoor Throw Pillow by Hampton Bay.
- The plates are by Denby from their Denby Everyday collection.
- The water hyacinth placemats are SOARÉ from IKEA.
I’m so excited to be able to enjoy dining outside in style! What do you think?
Please note: This is not an affiliated post.